Buckle Carriers: What they are and why you want one! Plus, pros and cons.
Buckle carriers offer convenience in that many people find buckle easy to use and they feel very secure. They are supportive and very comfortable. They are also far and away the favorite choice for Dads.
Buckle Carriers are based on the traditional mei tai style carrier, with a main body panel connected to four straps that attach to the wearer to hold the baby. Buckle carriers use rings or buckles to secure the carrier and baby to the wearer, instead of knots as with traditional mei tais. Buckle carriers are somewhat less versatile than mei tais and may offer fewer carrying positions. Some require a special insert to be used with an infant, or are best used with older babies. Buckle carriers cannot generally be used for back carry with an infant.
Why we love Buckle Carriers:
- Very easy to learn and use
- No knot-tying or dragging straps
- Dads love ’em
- Very comfortable to wear
- Can be used from birth to toddlerhood and beyond!
- Can be shared by users of different sizes
Buckle Carriers are great for:
- People who prefer buckles and clips to tying knots
- People who like a more modern look
- Hiking and other travel
- Back carry with older children
- People with back and shoulder problems who want to wear their children.
- Wearers of different sizes who want to share a carrier
Not ideal for:
- Cuddling with a newborn
- Back carry with infants
- Breastfeeding a newborn
Our Most Popular Buckle Carriers
Best-Selling Infant Buckle Carrier
Best-Selling Forward-Facing Carrier
Our Favorite Big Kid Carrier