The Happy Baby Carrier is a beautiful and lightweight carrier that is a minimalist’s dream!
Made from gorgeous linen fabrics, this simple carrier is easy to use from birth to toddlerhood. Perfect for summer wearing and for anyone who doesn’t love the bulk of a traditional buckle carrier.
Built with many of the components of a traditional buckle carrier, the Happy Baby has a wide webbing waist rather than a stiff waistbelt. The wide shoulder straps distribute baby’s weight across the wearer’s shoulders and back without adding bulk.
We like to describe the Happy Baby Carrier as a cross between a meh dai and buckle carrier. The soft cloth body that molds to your baby’s back reminds us of the natural feel of the traditional meh dai, while the webbing and buckles offer the ease of use of a buckle carrier.
We love how small and compact this carrier is when we aren’t wearing it – it’s easy to throw in your diaper bag when it’s not in use.
Happy Baby Carrier Details
- lightweight and breathable, the Happy Baby Carrier is ideal for hot weather wearing
- fully adjustable for use from birth through toddlerhood
- use with an infant (from 7 lbs) with no need for an infant insert
- high-density lightweight foam in shoulder straps is very comfortable but not bulky
- 30-50% lighter than most Soft Structured Carriers on the market
- cinching feature on the body narrows the base if needed for a smaller baby
- light leg padding for baby’s comfort
- allows for discreet nursing (in an upright position)
- Hidden pocket holds sun cover/sleep hood
- purse holder on each shoulder that really holds your bag in place
- Folds down compactly – great for the diaper bag!
- 100% made in the USA
Suitable for wearers up to size 22.
Looking for the Happy Baby Carrier that lets you face your baby forward? Check out the Happy Revolution carrier!
Happy Baby Carrier 2018 Update
Happy Baby released a second generation of the carrier, which was rolled out in the early part of 2018. The newer Happy Baby Carriers added features, including a cinching feature to make the base of the carrier narrower (if needed) and some additional padding at the leg holes.
All of our current stock of Happy Baby Carrier are the newer version and include leg padding and the cinching feature.